The second phase of the call MATCH I.S. is open: apply with your startup, scale-up, cooperative or social enterprise!
The first edition of “MATCH I.S. Light on your social innovation” aims to promote social innovation in Lombardy through the exchange between medium-large companies in need of social innovation and local and international start-ups/cooperatives capable of providing innovative solutions. During MATCH I.S., startups/cooperatives will be able to explore new funding opportunities through the participation in meetings with national and international investors interested in social innovation projects.
Startups, social enterprises and cooperatives can apply from 10th May until 30th June 2023. National and international startups will be selected, based on the social innovation challenges identified by medium-large companies.
Startups, social enterprises and cooperatives will benefit of:
- Opportunities to collaborate with medium-large companies – Italian and international – and to increase the corporate network with possible future partners;
- Growth opportunities from matching sessions with international investors;
- Through the path of MATCH I.S. startups will be able to develop the culture of innovation within the medium-large company, involving employees and becoming more attractive to new talents.
The Social Innovation Challenge will provide a prize for the winners of each challenge launched by medium-large companies.
The MATCH I.S. is jointly organized by:
- Fondazione Triulza, a network of civil society organizations committed to community engagement, social innovation and social technology.
- PlusValue, an urban regeneration, sustainable finance and ESG consultancy company based in Milan and London.
Supported by Finlombarda S.p.A and the wider group of stakeholders of MIND – Milano Innovation District.
The closing event and the award ceremony will be organized in December in collaboration with the Lombardy Region.
The challenges of a2a concern: the promotion of new waste collection methods that engage citizens and encourage the reuse and reduction of waste; the identification of innovative technologies for smart cities to reduce the level of air pollution; the promotion of sustainable behaviours in the consumption patterns of users.
Lendlease is looking for a technological solution to collect and interpret data about potential users of the services of a ‘food court’ with 120 seats inside a temporary structure and an ‘outdoor’ area to be created at MIND: the moments of greatest attendance, the areas of the district where the demand comes from, in order to be able to subsequently evaluate the social impact of this temporary structure, also aiming to scaling this experience onto other temporary structures and adapting company policies in this area.
At these links you can find in-depth information on each challenge and information on how to participate:
- New waste collection methods (A2A): https://openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/iniziative/open-challenge/matchis/a2a/sfida-rifiuti-raee
- Innovative technologies for smart cities, to reduce the level of air pollution in cities (A2A): https://www.openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/iniziative/open-challenge/matchis/a2a/sfida-inquinamento-atmosferico
- Promotion of sustainable behaviour through innovation in end user consumption patterns (A2A): https://www.openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/iniziative/open-challenge/matchis/a2a/sfida-comportamenti-sostenibili
- Lendlease challenge: https://www.openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/iniziative/open-challenge/matchis/lendlease
The selected startup will be given the opportunity to start a – Proof of Concept – PoC with A2A.
A test bed of the experimentation is proposed to the start-up with the opportunity to implement physical grounding and monitoring in the short/medium term, if the level is deemed suitable for an innovation district. At the end of the course, the start-up will be given the opportunity to present its project in front of the entire MIND ecosystem, Lendlease and the other start-ups that are part of it, as well as to international partner districts.
The phases of MATCH I.S.
- March 1, 2023: launch of MATCH I.S. and company selection
- April 10, 2023: closing of the selection of companies
- April 30, 2023: challenges released
- May 10, 2023: start-up applications open
- June 30, 2023: start-up selection closes
- July 15, 2023: communication to admitted start-ups
- September 1, 2023: online meetings for start-ups and companies
- October/November 2023: B2I “Investors Days” meetings dedicated to the admitted start-ups. The exact date will be communicated within the month of September
- December 2023: final event and award ceremony
To discover the first phase of the MATCH I.S. call: https://fondazionetriulza.org/match-i-s-light-on-your-social-innovation/
General information: https://www.openinnovation.regione.lombardia.it/it/iniziative/open-challenge/matchis