MIND is a laboratory of urban, social and environmental innovation, the “ideal training ground” to study and experiment a community model based on sustainability: a living lab to experiment new models that could be useful for other urban contexts of development and regeneration.
MIND is about to open one of the largest linear parks in Europe, 1.5 km long, and two “Great Parks”: the Food and Health Park and the Sports and Entertainment Park.
Fondazione Triulza, network of the Third Sector and of the civil economy, operating on social innovation and community engagement in MIND, starts a three-year participatory project together with all the stakeholders and communities to study innovative models of governance, management and animation and to involve the communities in the animation of the Park.
The goal is to create a park that becomes “connective”, from a physical and relational point of view, both within MIND and with the surrounding territories, a space of the communities as well as for communities. The local institutions, the network of partners of Fondazione Triulza and the MIND stakeholders are going to work with us on the study of shared and bottom-up management and animation models, and in the experimentation of activities that are taking place with the temporary use of some spaces.
Among the planned activities, the launch of a specific working table, international benchmarking, social and experiential labs with Legambiente Lombardia, CSV Milano, Cooperho and Stripes Coop Sociale Onlus and the enhancement of innovative experiences on urban regeneration, health, sport and food. The project is supported by Fondazione di Comunità Milano Onlus.
THE STEPS OF “COMMUNITY PARK” PROJECT IN MIND
- Launch. The participatory project to study innovative models of governance, management and animation of the new Food and Health Park was launched on 28 October 2021 during a public kick-off event.
- Social Innovation Campus 2022. The Community Park was one of the main topics of the Social Innovation Campus program. It was presented at the BootCamp approaching the themes of the Campus on 17 December 2021. It was also one of the challenges faced by the teams participating in the hackathon. Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M9rS5-S2Cc
- International workshop on February 10, 2022 presenting case-studies from London, New York and Mosco. Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUL1mxbvLPE
- PrimaVeraMIND – April 30 – May 1st, 2022. With the opening of a part of MIND with the initiative “La PrimaVera MIND”, we started to put people together to create the first community through the creation of a shared Sensory Path. Discover the “Piantiamola Insieme” initiative at this link: https://fondazionetriulza.org/aderisci-al-community-park-mind-con-la-creazione-di-un-percorso-sensoriale-30-aprile-e-1-maggio/
- 350 join the MIND Community Park (May – October 2022). Workshop activities with Minders and citizens. Link: https://fondazionetriulza.org/in-300-aderiscono-gia-alla-prima-community-del-parco-mind/
- Let’s inaugurate the Sensory Green Path in MIND Community Park! On October 16, 2022, the participants in the “Piantiamola Insieme” initiative brought back their plants to put them in the Sensory Green Path created by the students of the Cnos-Fap agricultural sector of the school “Centro Salesiano Arese”: the first green area of the MIND Park. Link: https://fondazionetriulza.org/inauguriamo-il-percorso-verde-sensoriale-in-mind-community-park/
- Workshops with companies and citizens on the governance of the Park. On 9th and 15th November we held two workshops for companies and citizens on the theme of shared governance of the Park. Find out more: https://fondazionetriulza.org/mind-community-park-a-novembre-concretizziamo-modelli-di-gestione-e-di-partecipazione/